NUTREN® Chicken Rendang
Serves 8 persons
- For the Paste
- 20 shallots
- 4 pcs garlic
- 4 cm Galangal
- 3 cm Ginger
- 3 cm fresh Turmeric
- 6 pcs fresh Red Chili
- 3 pcs Chili padi
- 15 pcs of dried chili soaked 15mins in hot boiling water and drained
- 3 Tbsp. of Coriander powder
- 2 Tbsp. of Fennel powder
- 2 Tbsp. of Cumin powder
- 6 pcs of Lime leaves
- 8 stalks of Lemon grass, sliced thinly
- For the Rendang
- 12 large pieces of chicken
- 1/4 cup Canola oil
- 12 scoops of NUTREN® Untuk Diabetik diluted with 4 cups of water
- 1/2 cup Kerisik
- 2 fresh sliced turmeric leaves
- Salt to flavour
Nutrition Information per serving
- Preparation for the paste:
Add all the ingredients into a blender and add some water. Puree the spices into a paste and spoon it into a bowl.
Heat the Canola oil in a pot, and stir-fry the paste over a medium heat until fragrant.
- Add the chicken and cook for 10 minutes. Stir well.
- Add water into the wok until it covers the chicken and let the broth simmer for another 20 - 30 minutes, or until it thickens. Stir occasionally to prevent the bottom of the dish from burning.
- Fold and mix in the Kerisik, and add the sliced Turmeric leaves.
- Pour in NUTREN® Untuk DIABETIK and bring it to simmer for another 2 minutes on a low heat. Add salt to taste.